cpu Intel Chipset Device Software Version 10.1.19222.8341 WHQL

• Tom
  • Portrait de Tom Absent
  • Super Utilisateur
  • Super Utilisateur
    Enregistré

Réponse de Tom sur le sujet Intel Chipset Device Software Version 10.1.19222.8341 WHQL

Posted il y a 1 an 1 mois #777

I had the same issue with a Gigabyte Z790 D DDR4 - there is definitely an issue with the NVMe driver (Standard NVM Express Controller) in these packages which causes the inaccessible boot device issue (in my case it was unrecoverable and I had to do multiple clean installs until I pinned down the problem!).

This part concerns me, I would never install an NVME driver from the chipset "driver".
A NVME driver needs a binary which is, in your case, probably the Standard Microsoft driver shipped with Windows 11. Maybe the corresponding inf-file calls the a wrong function.
But I also never install the chipset driver through the setup program, always manual through the device manager. Too much unnecessary additional inf-files are installed.

Cheers
Tom
par Tom

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Réponse de Fernando sur le sujet Intel Chipset Device Software Version 10.1.19222.8341 WHQL

Posted il y a 1 an 1 mois #778
@russ884
Thank you very much for clearing up the reason for SM-003's issue.
So it turned out, that it is not a certain INF file, but Intel's Chipset Device Software Installer in combination with Microsoft's OS Device Management, which replaces the absolutely required storage driver (here the generic MS NVMe driver) by a simple not needed Intel chipset device INF file.

I had the same issue with a Gigabyte Z790 D DDR4 - there is definitely an issue with the NVMe driver (Standard NVM Express Controller) in these packages which causes the inaccessible boot device issue (in my case it was unrecoverable and I had to do multiple clean installs until I pinned down the problem!).
If I installed the entire Chipset driver package (via setup.exe) every time I got inaccessible boot device (Windows 11 clean install was fine, until I then installed the chipset driver package). When installing only any "missing" devices using the chipset package inf files they work fine...To prevent such malfunction resp. interference between Microsoft's real in-box OS drivers and Intel's simple text files I recommend since several years to install the missing or outdated INF files manually from within the Device Manager instead of running the installer of Intel's Chipset Device Software. By the way - even worse is it to run Intel's installer with the suffix " -overall". This command forces the installation of all INF files, no matter whether they match or not.
To make it as easy as possible for the users of an Intel Chipset system, I offer >here< an up-to-date All-in-One package, which contains the latest available "pure" Intel Chipset Device INF files for all Intel Chipsets from 6-Series up. After having completed the OS installation the user can get just the appropriate INF files installed by running the Device Manager, doing a right-click onto the "Missing driver" entries, choosing the "Update driver" option and navigating to the folder of my "All-in-One Package" folder. The only Intel system device, whose driver cannot be installed this way, is the "Intel(R) Management Engine Interface", but this device needs a real driver (*.SYS file) and doesn't accept any Intel chipset device INF file. So the installation of a wrong INF file for this device cannot happen by offering the content of a folder, which just contents the Intel Chipset Device INF files.
Last Edit:il y a 1 an 1 mois par Fernando
Dernière édition: il y a 1 an 1 mois par Fernando.

Réponse de SM-003 sur le sujet Intel Chipset Device Software Version 10.1.19222.8341 WHQL

Posted il y a 1 an 1 mois #779

Hi, I tried Version 10.1.19222.8341 WHQL and Version 10.1.19284.8351 WHQL (which is supposed to be for Raptor Lake), both showed the same problems - I've stopped installing new INF drivers now as I can't risk the consequences!
Like I said in my earlier comment, the v10.1.19222.8341 doesn't have that 'inaccessible boot device' BSOD issue on NVME drive, at least for my MSI Tomahawk B760 board with Kingstone KC3000 Gen4 NVME
Not sure what's your H/W & why you're having issue even with v10.1.19222.8341

And just like you, yesterday, I spent the entire day with multiple clean installation to pinned down the root cause of that 'inaccessible boot device' BSOD issue, and finally resolve with v10.1.19222.8341 (earlier, I suspected Intel RST/VDM driver).

And in my case, I integrate all the necessary drivers INF with the Windows ISO (WIM) & automate everything, so that apart from selecting the drive where to install, I don't have do anything once I initiate the installation process,  almost everything  is automated & unattendent. 
Last Edit:il y a 1 an 1 mois par SM-003
Dernière édition: il y a 1 an 1 mois par SM-003.

Réponse de Fernando sur le sujet Intel Chipset Device Software Version 10.1.19222.8341 WHQL

Posted il y a 1 an 1 mois #780
@SM_003
Just for clarification:
The installation of the Intel chipset device INF files is not required at all (the OS runs flawlessly without them) and usually doesn't offer any benefit for the users while running the related Windows OS.
They just contain the information
a) about the device's name and manufacturer (Intel) and
b) about the fact, that the related device doesn't need any real driver (= *.SYS file).
So the only reason to install the related INF file is to get rid of the the Device Management's "missing driver" message.

I integrate all the necessary drivers INF with the Windows ISO (WIM) & automate everything, so that apart from selecting the drive where to install, I don't have do anything once I initiate the installation process, almost everything is automated & unattendent.
As you can see in your specific case, this procedure may provoke much more work and trouble for the affected user than the manual installation of the "missing drivers" after having completed the clean OS installation.
Last Edit:il y a 1 an 1 mois par Fernando
Dernière édition: il y a 1 an 1 mois par Fernando.

Réponse de SM-003 sur le sujet Intel Chipset Device Software Version 10.1.19222.8341 WHQL

Posted il y a 1 an 1 mois #781
@ Fernando
I know everything that you said, you already told that same thing earlier here & in your (Win RAID) forum as well, & from there (Win RAID) I knew about it many years ago. 

Just sharing my experience, that's all. OS modding is not something that most of the folks do, neither recommended. But that's my way to dealt with Win installation that I've been doing for several years. But by any means, am not suggesting anyone to do it in my way. As I said, just sharing my side of story regarding.

Still, thanks for your clarification, this (discussion) would definitely helps others to know about this INF matter. 
Last Edit:il y a 1 an 1 mois par SM-003
Dernière édition: il y a 1 an 1 mois par SM-003.
Les utilisateur(s) suivant ont remercié: Fernando

Temps de génération de la page : 0.937 secondes
Propulsé par Kunena